CalliBee

Songster
Mar 27, 2022
I have blown up this site the past week or so and I apologize! Y’all are very helpful 😄
Got 2 new Anacona ducks in today and one is laying down sprawled out(pictured on the left). I’ve only seen my chicks do this when they were sick in the past.
When I saw it laying like this earlier today I poked it and it hopped right back up and kept it moving.
It’s not acting lethargic, it’s eating and drinking fine. Just every once in a while I’ll catch it sleeping in that position. Is that normal?! Thanks!

Attachments

• 0B4162AF-38C2-4B24-8921-DEBB67AED68B.jpeg
    0B4162AF-38C2-4B24-8921-DEBB67AED68B.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 5
Ok thanks! just super worried that it might be a sign they’re getting sick. Part of the reason I’m so concerned is I’ve never had birds shipped to me before through the mail so I’m terrified they couldn’t handle the trip.
Only had them a few hours and I’m already stressing! Lol

Update…
She/he died 😔
Through out the day she started getting slower and slower and overall less active. I was holding hope that she was just tired bc she seemed so chipper when I unboxed her! Happened so quick.
I found it laying down with its head facing towards the sky, is that any indication on what may have killed it?

Sometimes when they’re that young, they just fail to thrive, and there’s not really anything you can do to turn things around. I think it has something to do with genetics or how they develop in the egg.

Back
Top Bottom