ISO PURE black ameraucana and Croad Langshan

I just want to throw it out there that if you are wanting to get Langshans for purple eggs, they are very rare even in the professional breeder ring (I breed SQ bantam Langshans). It is much like hoping for Marans eggs that are nearly black. The breed standard for Langshans lists the egg as being brown or cream. The "Croad" line is extremely rare.

My bantam Brahma lays a beautiful pinkish purple egg and I'm about to breed her with my bantam EE (nonstandard color Ameraucana, so two blue egg genes still) in hopes to bring more purple into the eggs. Fingers crossed!

I just want to throw it out there that if you are wanting to get Langshans for purple eggs, they are very rare even in the professional breeder ring (I breed SQ bantam Langshans). It is much like hoping for Marans eggs that are nearly black. The breed standard for Langshans lists the egg as being brown or cream. The "Croad" line is extremely rare.

My bantam Brahma lays a beautiful pinkish purple egg and I'm about to breed her with my bantam EE (nonstandard color Ameraucana, so two blue egg genes still) in hopes to bring more purple into the eggs. Fingers crossed!

I wasn’t going for the purple egg I know they lay more of a maran color or somewhat lighter. I actually wanted to set up my own breeding pen of these beauties and ameracaunas the same thing!

Okay good. They lay considerably lighter than a Marans - just a regular cream to brown. If you are wanting something rare with dark eggs, then Penedesencas would be a better choice. The Langshans are very impressive looking birds, though.

Okay good. They lay considerably lighter than a Marans - just a regular cream to brown. If you are wanting something rare with dark eggs, then Penedesencas would be a better choice. The Langshans are very impressive looking birds, though.
Thank you. I think I’m going to try the Langshans I’ve heard nothing but great things about them as birds and show birds. The hard part is trying to find these gems!

I have Blue, black, splash Ameraucana eggs available. The rooster is blue, 3 hens are black and 2 are blue. 50% blue, 40% black, and 25% splash offspring.
Let me know if you’re interested!

IMG_4460.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom