It is finally, done - almost!!!!!

09northernchick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Are they ever completely done?

We still have a few things to finish up, but we are ready for the long winter ahead. The girls are happy and laying every day! I think it is the daily dose of cuddles and treat that they get
smile.png

29740_img_0444.jpg

Here are our 9 new girls!
29740_twodays.jpg

This is where the coop will be - the day after the girls arrived!
29740_background.jpg

Skipping ahead a bit .... the nesting boxes have been installed, the screened window frames added, the coop lymed, the meat bird room made, the floor lino'd, pop door added....
29740_img_0574.jpg

I made the water and feed containers and the droppings board. We installed the droppings board and used joist hangers to slide in the roost boards. I love this section of the coop. It looks great and keeps the place SO clean!
29740_img_0575.jpg

29740_img_0582.jpg

The run was built and we used 1/4" mesh to cover it. We installed a couple of roosts and used gravel and crusher dust for the base. That is a sand box you see and yes, they do use it!
29740_img_0848.jpg

Here is the exterior before we stained and added finishing touches.
29740_final.jpg

Here is our coop with the final staining, the window box etc.
29740_img_0950.jpg

I have enjoyed looking and learning from all of you as we planned and built our coop. I'm excited to finally have something to share too!

More photos and descriptions of how we did certain things are on my byc page.

Last edited:
WOW!!!! That's amazing!! Are you renting it out as a vacation cabin?? haa haa!! You guys did great! You should be VERY proud of yourselves!!!

What a wonderful job you have done- you should be deservedly proud!
cool.png

I jumped over to your BYC website and noted that you regretted how the screen door swings= escaping chooks. You could build a porch in front of it, if you're looking for more ways to use up time!!!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom