It's 1,185 letters long!

<3<3 I <3 Chickens <3<3

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
The longest world in the world is!!

This is it:
ACETYLSERYLTYROSYLSERYLISOLEUCYLTHREONYLSERYLPROLYLSERYLGLUTAMINYLPHENYLALANYLVALYLPHENYLALANYLLEUCYLSERYLSERYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYLALANYLASPARTYLPROLYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLLEUCYLLEUCYLASPARAGINYLVALYLCYSTEINYLTHREONYLSERYLSERYLLEUCYLGLYCYLASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLPHENYLALANYLGLUTAMINYLTHREONYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYLALANYLARGINYLTHREONYLTHREONYLGLUTAMINYLVALYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYLPHENYLALANYLSERYLGLUTAMINYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYLLYSYLPROLYLPHENYLALANYLPROLYLGLUTAMINYLSERYLTHREONYLVALYLARGINYLPHENYLALANYLPROLYLGLYCYLASPARTYLVALYLTYROSYLLYSYLVALYLTYROSYLARGINYLTYROSYLASPARAGINYLALANYLVALYLLEUCYLASPARTYLPROLYLLEUCYLISOLEUCYLTHREONYLALANYLLEUCYLLEUCYLGLYCYLTHREONYLPHENYLALANYLASPARTYLTHREONYLARGINYLASPARAGINYLARGINYLISOLEUCYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLVALYLGLUTAMYLASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYLSERYLPROLYLTHREONYLTHREONYLALANYLGLUTAMYLTHREONYLLEUCYLASPARTYLALANYLTHREONYLARGINYLARGINYLVALYLASPARTYLASPARTYLALANYLTHREONYLVALYLALANYLISOLEUCYLARGINYLSERYLALANYLASPARAGINYLISOLEUCYLASPARAGINYLLEUCYLVALYLASPARAGINYLGLUTAMYLLEUCYLVALYLARGINYLGLYCYLTHREONYLGLYCYLLEUCYLTYROSYLASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLASPARAGINYLTHREONYLPHENYLALANYLGLUTAMYLSERYLMETHIONYLSERYLGLYCYLLEUCYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYLTHREONYLSERYLALANYLPROLYLALANYLSERINE

and it means Tobacco. Andd no, I have NO IDEA how to prononce it.

Don't try to look it up on dictionary.com, because it doesn't work.

One of the longest english word is

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)

it is a type of lung cancer. It is prononced newmano-ultra-microscopic-silico-volcano-coniosis this is not the proniciation shown on the site, this is the easier to understand, my version.

_ _
The Chicken Whisperer

"Antidisestablishmentarianism" was the longest word I knew of before I opened this thread.
tongue.png

A few years ago my daughter had a competition at school. It was to find the word that would give the most points if a = 1 , b = 2 c = 3 and so on.

I few minutes on the net and I found pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis... which gave us 560 and we won the huge box of chocolates on offer for the winning family. We got an extra mention too - for the fact that we were able to give the definition of it being a lung disease caused the inhalation of silica dust...

Those chocolates were so worth the time to calculate all those letters...

Back
Top Bottom