It's been so long. Chicken and horse updates!

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
I havent been on here in a long time and wanted to pop in and say hello. There are so many new people! Welcome to BYC, guys! The horse I recently got, Poppy, is doing amazing and we have bonding so well. I took her to a jumping show and we got forth on an 8 jump course. She is no longer "crazy" and follows me around like a puppy. Stormy has been semi-retired. I don't know if I told you all this yet, but I learned Poppy was often beaten and had a halter grow into her face. We are slowly working past her fears. Her first day home, I tossed her some hay and she was so scared she stood shaking in the back of her stall. I thought she was going to go down on her knees. I am happy to say we've been on many trail rides and have a contesting show on the 18th. Stormy will also be participating in that show even though she is no longer worked regularly at home. Heres some recent videos of Poppy because anyone who knows me well here knows I'm obsessive about videos.
We went from this....
To this...
And this...

As far as chickens go, I've hatched out and sold some pretty awesome babies. My three ducks Apollo, Tempest, and Poet are all grown up and even making their own mud pits. I had to do an emergency surgery on Peter a few days ago and he ended up losing a toe. Something had got ahold of his foot and peeled the skin away until it was just bone. He's back to crowing and impressing his ladies.

About the sick chicks, I kept Kieran, who against all odds, beat the disease and is now living with the older chickens. The other chicks all went on to loving homes. Kieran is "special" and has terrible coordination and often runs into things but Wendy and Star are her guides. Her head also shakes constantly but other than that, she is a normal little chicken. I'll get some pictures and videos after I move the coop again. You guys would be ashamed of me.
tongue.png
It's muddy.

Last edited:
Yes sweetie you were missed. I'm so glad your babies are all doing good. What about you, how have you been? Is there some reason you haven't been here for awhile. Take care of yourself.

Nice to have you back around.
smile.png
Great work with the horse. Oh, I beat Kieran is a sweety,love to see some pics.
smile.png

It's so busy around here these days,it's hard to keep track of it all.

I am new here but I have to tell you.
You are doing a great job.
Your seat is as good as I have seen in a LONG LONG TIME.
Your lower leg is solid, your crest release near to perfect.

I stopped competing in 1998 and can not stand to go to shows and watch what some "trainers" are sending out there.

One thing though. Helmet. I know. I know. But all it takes is one misstep and honestly, you are so talented it would be a shame to have you get hurt and not be able to ride or train again.
Keep up the great work

Back
Top Bottom