It's Official...

PeepsCA

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 28, 2011
BFE, CA
It's that time of year for me again. My 1st Hatch for 2013
big_smile.png

NOT FAIR!!! Well, okay, maybe it is fair. Those babies are SO CUTE. Let me see if I can guess what colors the keets are - and I'll be happy if I can just get close:

5 pied Pearl Grays (or Browns?)
2 Pearl Grays
1 Royal Purple
1 Chocolate
1 Lavendar
1 Lavendar-ish (can't tell because its head is covered)
1 Chocolate or Brown
1 Buff

Am I even close?

Congratulations. You're back in it for sure :).

NOT FAIR!!! Well, okay, maybe it is fair. Those babies are SO CUTE. Let me see if I can guess what colors the keets are - and I'll be happy if I can just get close:

5 pied Pearl Grays (or Browns?) - Correct, Pied Pearl Greys... and they all have the blended color down, no body stripes so they look different than a typical Pied keet.
2 Pearl Grays - Correct
1 Royal Purple - Correct
1 Chocolate - Correct, one of my 2nd line of Chocolates that hatch out really red/golden, on the right.
1 Lavendar - Correct
1 Lavendar-ish (can't tell because its head is covered) - Sorta correct, Pied Lavender with blended down.
1 Chocolate or Brown...There's an off colored keet in the mix over on the left, it's color is weird. Somewhere in between a Royal Purple and Chocolate keet's coloring. The last 2 I had like that from last yr's hatches turned out to be what I consider Blondes, as adults. We shall see how this one starts feathering in.
1 Buff - No Buff in this hatch... but there's a heavily Pied light blue keet (of some shade in the blue gene family) that my watermark is kind of covering up (really narrow light grey head stripe). It may be a (non-pearled) Pied Powder Blue, but not sure yet. I have 2 males that color in one of my flocks. Sometimes the blue/lavender colors that I hatch from my flocks can be hard for me to ID correctly until I see their feathers growing in... the down can be blended and mean it's a fully pearled bird or it can be solid and mean it's a non-pearled bird. They will look the same after they hatch and I can't tell them a part until they are about 2 wks old.

Am I even close? Yep, and you did pretty good!
clap.gif

Congratulations. You're back in it for sure :). Umm Thanks... do I really wanna do this again tho??? LOL. What was the term you used the other day in reference to having a hatching addiction fix in the brooder? Poopy Goodness? Yah, got that going on for sure. Poop machines X13!!!

Next pic in a week... I've been setting a batch of eggs every week so far since I set this first batch. Going to set another batch tonight.
Here we go again, lol
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom