It's Still A She, Right?

DaviJones

Songster
Nov 7, 2017
South Western, AZ
I have two red sexlink pullets who are about 17 weeks old (I got them the last week of October 2017) Recently I noticed one had quite a dramatic amount of comb and wattle development compared to the other. So I wanted to ask, is it a roo instead? Just close to lay? I know they are sexlinked but maybe it can happen. Then again I'm likely overreacting so please forgive me for being a newbie.
C360_2018-02-22-17-37-13-397.jpg

Pullets!
With Sex Links, the male would be white, with read leakage on the shoulders. Definitely females. The one is getting close to laying.
I figured they would, the comb just looked so reminisent of roo(to me, though of course this is my first time) I was worried I'd be that one unlucky guy who got a roo even with a pretty much guaranteed hen. Thanks for all the help! I'll have to finish and put out my nesting box, any recommendations? Right now my "nesting box" is just a drawer.

Her legs are very tiny so that plus her color is a dead giveaway. Some of my hens don't squat that are laying and some squat when I just walk by them.
Here's a pic of a sex link rooster just so you know what your looking for next time. They are way different
Screenshot_20180226-125901.png

Back
Top Bottom