I've been here before but it has been a while! LOL!!

crlove25

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 28, 2013
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We had chickens about 8 years ago, something got them all within 3 days. We tore down that coop and decided we would wait until we built our new house and a coop could be closer!

(2) How many chickens and do you have right now?

We now have 6 chickens we bought from TSC 5 weeks ago.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We now have 2 RIRs and 4 Amberlinks! I think we have 1 RIR roo and 3 Amberlink roos! Only 2 hens :eek: My brother in law told me to take them back to TSC and tell them I bought the wrong ones!! LOL!! :lau

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love how fun it is to head out to see if they have an egg waiting for me!! It's like Christmas!! But I have a little while longer to wait before these start to lay!!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to garden and we just put our chickens in the new coop the other night so while I was gardening yesterday they were out and checking out my garden!!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 2 kids and my husband who has spent the last 5 weeks building a chicken coop (with my help of course) that he was not planning on building yet! LOL!!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC about 10 years ago when my husband gave me (haha) 6 Black Rock hens for Mother's Day!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Amberlinks are sex linked chickens. Gender can be determined at hatch by three chicks color.
Hi Thank you!! They were listed as straight run so I'm not sure how old they were when we got them. They all looked the same color to me! We have one that looks like he is trying to crow and nothing is coming out. The size of his comb and wattle match two others, as well as size and comb of one RIR! That's why I was thinking they were mainly roosters! Thanks for the welcome!

Back
Top Bottom