Japanese Bantam Thread!

I went to the ladys house and none of her birds have it she has all the hens and the roo she have been breeding for years with no issues can it start happen to one bird..

Last edited:
I went to the ladys house and none of her birds have it she has all the hens and the roo she have been breeding for years with no issues can it start happen to one bird..

I am no expert on wry tail. I do know that with a recessive trait both parents can look normal but still have the gene for that trait. A bird would have to get the wry tail gene from both parents in order for it to show. In your rooster's case both parents, rooster and hen, had the gene. This is why the woman could breed these birds for years and not have it show in her birds. The only way it would show is if both parents had the hidden trait.

I would just assume she would have more then one with this issue if it were wry tail she had about 5 from this hatch but has abou 30 seramas and there all from her hatches they all r fine but him..grr im dont no anymore

I would just assume she would have more then one with this issue if it were wry tail she had about 5 from this hatch but has abou 30 seramas and there all from her hatches they all r fine but him..grr im dont no anymore

If what I am reading is correct the lady's rooster has the wry tail gene and at least one hen has it too.

Ya idk I just assumed it wouls show on more the just one bird...she only uses on roo and a few hens for years no issues till this one.....thats y I asked if it could happen to just one cause the rest or the hatches r fine

Now she did say she had to take it out the cage because it was being bullied....I just feel like if it is wry tail wouldent another baby from same hatch have it to...and her farm looks clear except this one

Now she did say she had to take it out the cage because it was being bullied....I just feel like if it is wry tail wouldent another baby from same hatch have it to...and her farm looks clear except this one

Every chick from this pairing would have the wry tail. BUT There are many past posts on the subject. Apparently it does not act as a normal recessive trait would. Type in the "advanced search" box at the top of this page, "WHAT CAUSES WRY TAIL" and sites will come up for you to look through.

Hmm I was outside with him and he can and does hold it straight about 40% of the time and this lady is very sure....and I seen the rest of hatch today and they r fine...so maby his tales to heavy...hes on 4 1/2 months

Back
Top Bottom