Japanese Bantam Thread!

Just remember that when you're showing the Japs, their little legs are so short that being out in the grass can really do a job on their feathers. Its got to be short and dry. Grass stain is grass stain, and I don't imagine the oxyclean would go over very big with the little guys.

i have just about every japanese bantam color there is and have now begun to cross the different colors to see if i can create a new color or colors. has anyone had any luck at this?

caitlin decided to part with three of her btw. if anyone close is interested, she wants $5 each. they are not sq. they have some good color but no type and legs are too long.
thanks
Tanya

Quote:
some of the color genetics may already be posted on byc somewhere. Hopefully someone knows more to share.
good luck!
Tanya

If you are going to make a new color, I would pick what color you would like to work towards first, then ask the genetics experts here, if there are any anymore, and see what they can tell you about getting to that color from what you have already.

more pics!!! I will post pics of mine as soon as they get here
smile.png

Does anyone have crele or solid buff colored japanese? Im going to work on both colors this year. I had a good crele jap male, but he died. I only have one pullet from him. I'm going to cross her with a barred male. I have buff orpington bantams to cross with wite japs.
Thanks for any help.

Would anyone be interested in seeing my Japanese x cochin bantams? The roo is Black Tailed Red and I don't know what the hen is, she is all black with red neck feathers.

I thought the way the genes played out was pretty interesting. They are such amazing little birds with awesome character, I just love them. We will be having babies from them this year. She started sitting once but then it snowed and she gave up. (Which is good, I thought it was too early)

I can get some pictures up if anyone is interested!

Back
Top Bottom