Japanese Bantam Thread!

We finally got our second egg from our Mottled Japanese Bantams today, I want to crack one to see if it is fertile even though I have see him do his thing but if I crack one and it is fertile it is a waste of an egg, if I put it in the incubator and it is fertile I will have a chick if it isn't them I won't have wasted a chick.

Okay I set 4 eggs in the bator and waiting to see what happens. I can't wait to see if they are fertile I have to wait a couple more days to see if I can candle them and see anything this is only the second day they have been in there.

Okay I set 4 eggs in the bator and waiting to see what happens. I can't wait to see if they are fertile I have to wait a couple more days to see if I can candle them and see anything this is only the second day they have been in there.
Oh very exciting! Please post the results as you go. I cant wait for my JB pullet to start laying so I can hatch some of her eggs. She is 19 weeks tomorrow. Im sure I still have quite a feww weeks to wait.

Oh very exciting! Please post the results as you go. I cant wait for my JB pullet to start laying so I can hatch some of her eggs. She is 19 weeks tomorrow. Im sure I still have quite a feww weeks to wait.
I don't know when they start but i am going to keep track once I get some hatched out. It can't possibly take as long as the big hens. i just can''t wait to see if they are fertile or not and once i know they are fertile I am going to be nuts checking all the time. I hate that 21 day wait.

I hope you don't have to wait that much longer ......

mine are going on 31wks & I do not believe they have started yet--
Just a few weeks ago the lil roos started mounting
I have felt their hips/pelvic bone & a little unsure as to how many fingers should lie between the hip/pelvic bones when they are at POL
soo unless they have a supppperrrrrrrrrrrr secret nest someplace (I roam my 2 acres every other day hunting for eggs from the different ladies I have) then we got ZIP for bantam eggs!!
he.gif

I normally candle at 4 days because I know what to look for so tonight if the first day to candle I am so hopeful going to see a faded bulls eye. Which means they are good and just starting to grow. I can't wait until tonight.

Anyone ever cross a Japanese Bantam with a Delaware Heritage? I'm considering trying a mix on my Black Tailed White pullets and future Delaware Roo whenever the eggs I just got in hatch.

How can I make one of these?

Its a mille fleur Japanese Bantam.

Can I make some from the following colors in my flock:?
white
BTW
GTW
Ginger
Buff
Wheaten

Thanks.

I normally candle at 4 days because I know what to look for so tonight if the first day to candle I am so hopeful going to see a faded bulls eye. Which means they are good and just starting to grow. I can't wait until tonight.
How has candling been going?? How many are good so far? I am thinking of incubating my first batch of eggs that really have a shot @ being fertile no JB eggs yet tho
barnie.gif
I cannnnnnnnnoooootttt wait for them to start so I can hatch some out
How can I make one of these?

Its a mille fleur Japanese Bantam.

Can I make some from the following colors in my flock:?
white
BTW
GTW
Ginger
Buff
Wheaten

Thanks.
WOW that is one beautiful bird -- I hope someone is able to answer this because trying to go for a look like that is worth it!!

Back
Top Bottom