Japanese Bantam Thread!

Hi, I'm new to the site. I have a pair of silver birchen japs, and hope to breed with them later on this year. I'm a bit worried about the whole leg thing. The both of them have short legs, does that mean that 25% of the chicks would die in the shell? That is correct.
I'm also in love with the millefleur colour. I have a millefleur Pekin who's a sweetie. Are there any Japs in this colour?
Mille fleur japanese somewhere: http://www.chabozucht.de/ follow menu chabos, gold - porzellanfarbig, then hens and roosters. Beautiful. And an excellent article with a snippet on mille fleur midway down the page. By the way this is an excellent read, anyone interested in Japanese Bantams should read this. http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/2/2-6/Terry_Beebe.html

I am raising Splash and blue frizzle japs. I need to get their legs shorter, does any know of a Japanese breeder in/near VT?
I'm not in VT I'm in KY but I do ship all over the USA, only have a few japanese bantams left to sell a splash frizzle jap hen almost solid white with a few blue splash marks for $35, 2 blue mottled frizzle jap hens $35 each, 1 black mottled frizzle jap hen $35, and 1 black mottled frizzle jap rooster for $35. I have 3 blue mottled hens and 1 rooster staright feathered all short legged for $50 each, 1 black mottled hen short legs but color to light she looks like a white with black spots for $50. And that's about all I have left to sell.
For shipping to your area for 1 bird would be $50 + $16 for a box and this includes insurance it is $5 for additional shipping per bird and I can fit typically 4 birds in 1 box.

japbantams2011 did you say your selling blue japs.... IM IN HOW MUCH!!! non frizzle

solid blue preferbly plz because im geting other birds in march and this is perfict timing.

I only need 1 male. or haching eggs.

must be plain blue veriety plz.

I all redy have 2 black and 1 wite

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
barnie.gif

DO you have any with the blue gean

Oh so exciting for the first eggs! How old are the pullets?

They will be 37wks tomorrow & laid those yesterday - Such a long wait- got another one this morning- IDK if it's from one of the girls that laid yest, as the ones from yest were in the coop & the one from this morning was in a hideaway nest w/ some other 1st time eggs

Back
Top Bottom