Japanese Bantam Thread!

They will be 37wks tomorrow & laid those yesterday - Such a long wait- got another one this morning- IDK if it's from one of the girls that laid yest, as the ones from yest were in the coop & the one from this morning was in a hideaway nest w/ some other 1st time eggs
Oh that is a long wait. My JB pullet is 24 weeks and very red in the face the roosters been mating her and It seems she has been in her nest box. I am hoping it is soon But I know I could have to wait as long as you. Time will tell, but Im excited for her tiny egg.

Oh Im SOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally right after I posted the last comment I went out to lock up all my birds. And look what I found in my bantam house. Laid by my only Japanese Bantam 24 weeks old tomorrow

Does anyone have pics of what a reg full size Jap egg looks like. I was thinking of trying to incubate some of her first eggs since I have a batch of CCL eggs going in in a few days any how. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone hatched the Japs first eggs or am I better off waiting at least a month.

Oh that is a long wait. My JB pullet is 24 weeks and very red in the face the roosters been mating her and It seems she has been in her nest box. I am hoping it is soon But I know I could have to wait as long as you. Time will tell, but Im excited for her tiny egg.
Oh Im SOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally right after I posted the last comment I went out to lock up all my birds. And look what I found in my bantam house. Laid by my only Japanese Bantam 24 weeks old tomorrow

Hooray I am glad you didn't have to wait as long as me!! such a perfect looking egg!!
clap.gif

Does anyone have pics of what a reg full size Jap egg looks like. I was thinking of trying to incubate some of her first eggs since I have a batch of CCL eggs going in in a few days any how. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone hatched the Japs first eggs or am I better off waiting at least a month.

I have not done that fully with any JB eggs yet(due around Feb 17th)
But I just had my last round of eggs hatch on the 26th & in it were 2 eggs from my oldest EE(they were her first 2 eggs laid ever!) Both hatched out just fine. The 2 eggs I posted went into the bator right away since I already had it running w/ EE eggs from the night before. We'll see how it goes w/ these 1st eggs! I guess it comes down to personal opinion - some people wait at least a month or more before setting eggs from a newly laying pullet/hen so there is less chance of extra complications...others go by the size of the egg. I personally go by the size of the egg. Good luck!

Hooray I am glad you didn't have to wait as long as me!! such a perfect looking egg!!
clap.gif

I have not done that fully with any JB eggs yet(due around Feb 17th)
But I just had my last round of eggs hatch on the 26th & in it were 2 eggs from my oldest EE(they were her first 2 eggs laid ever!) Both hatched out just fine. The 2 eggs I posted went into the bator right away since I already had it running w/ EE eggs from the night before. We'll see how it goes w/ these 1st eggs! I guess it comes down to personal opinion - some people wait at least a month or more before setting eggs from a newly laying pullet/hen so there is less chance of extra complications...others go by the size of the egg. I personally go by the size of the egg. Good luck!
So are you planning on setting your japs first eggs also? If so roughly how large are the eggs so I can decide if my egg is ok. I feel like it is REALLY small but then again I have never seen a bantam egg before. Im not positive if I want to set it or not I still have 3-4days to think about it but most likely I will wait till the next set of eggs that go into the incubator. Itll be just my luck that right before that set goes in my Marans will start to lay and Ill be in this same boat again
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom