Japanese Bantam Thread!

Looking for Japanese from a show flock in Oregon, California or Washington.....or from anyone that will be traveling to Oregon. I don't want to ship. I keep getting told of a Dr. Watts in Washington but I can not find any contact information for him. HELP!! :):)

Meadow

Quote: Beautiful !!!
Are they Grays ?
The Lacing on breast is fantastic !!! is the lacing suppose to be there ? i don't know hardly anything about this variety althought i've owned some very good show bred BTW in the past ....... also had a few Mottled , Barred (wish i could find the nice Barreds/Cuckoo again) and few others .

Plus your birds are very well built and terrific tails !!!

Thanks ,
Shannon

Last edited:
Quote: Beautiful !!!
Are they Grays ?
The Lacing on breast is fantastic !!! is the lacing suppose to be there ? i don't know hardly anything about this variety althought i've owned some very good show bred BTW in the past ....... also had a few Mottled , Barred (wish i could find the nice Barreds/Cuckoo again) and few others .

Plus your birds are very well built and terrific tails !!!

Thanks ,
Shannon

Last edited:
Meadow,

This time of year, breeders are down to just their breeding stock. Your best bet is to start looking in early fall when breeders may have extra birds for sale.

Chris

Westguy...I understand fall is the best time to look...the problem is I don't know where to look...lol. I was hoping to find reputable breeders now and possibly be put on a waiting list or something?

Last edited:
Craigslist, swapshop, go riding in the country and look in people's yard lol i know stalkerish or find some shows or auctions nearby some tractor supplies have swaps everynow and then

If you want show quality Japanese the best way is to make it to some good shows, see the entries and talk to the exhibitors. Not only will you learn a lot, but you will make some contacts and possibly find a lead to some nice birds. Don't expect to get these for a song and dance, there is a lot of time and expertise involved in getting these to show. Also Join the Japanese Bantam Breeders Association, good folks and lots of good information in their newsletters and on their yahoo group.

Meadow,

With patience and the right attitude, you will find Japanese bantams. Lots of folks wanting to find stock instantly.
sad.png

Finally found this page!! I just bought two chicks from my local TSC and they are bantams. I sexed them and I have one boy and a girl. They are starting to feather out like black tailed white Japanese bantams. I know that my local TSC orders from Ideal and they were in the bantam assortments. So I went to Ideal and looked at what breeds came in the bantam assortments and they said Black Tailed White Japanese Bantams. Their wing tips are growing some blackish color. So I do believe that they are Japanese bantams.

This is the males wing.

Do a google search for the Japanese Bantam Breeders Association. I think they have a members list on their website.

Back
Top Bottom