Japanese Bantam Thread!

Thanks for the positive comments. I distilled down to three breeding trios for this year. I definitely have some nice hens/pullets to work with too - if I get the chance to take some more photos, I'll include some of those in a posting.

I don't raise too many each year and extras are easy to place with other local breeders here in central Virginia.

I used to do other colors, but passed those on to other breeders in the area. Here are some of those.

As you can see, I also enjoy taking photos of the chicken breeds that I maintain here.

OMG ARE YOU SOME PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF CHICKENS WOW! AND YOU ARE THE 1ST person I have found that has a btb JB HEN THAT IS BETTER THAN Mine.

no 1 has even had a btb JB in VA that I have seen besides me. I'm not alone any more YAY!!!!!!

here she is

shes definitely not the best or even show quality but I love her.
hugs.gif

Im getting broad of getting BV for no 1 bringing the same variety. I love you world!!!

Last edited:

Dust Bath Party!!!!

no idea what colour this guy is? Any ideas?

Dracko was my special pet rooster (and kept him even thought he has very long legs!). Sadly he had to be put to sleep because he developed a bad eye condition that did not respond to treatment - miss him!

I had lost this thread a long time ago. I think it was before the foremate change that I even visited.

Can't tell you how excited I was to see BTB on here. I can't find them anywhere. I have a beautiful little rooster that I hatched from some eggs from meepitqueenie's egg, well over a year ago. He was the only one who hatched. He is out of one of her top winning pairs. I think I got a mixture of eggs from her either during a trade or maybe one of the auctions. At any rate, I just can't find breeders who have them. I need hatching eggs. I did buy some from someone last year, but can't remember who and none hatched. I have a terrible time with my PO and scrambled eggs.

I was wondering if maybe someone has them out here close to me or maybe I can try another batch of eggs. I just want some hens for my little guy. I've crusied the shows out here and no one has them. I'm desparate. Not rich, but desparate! LOL I also have BMs, but there are lots of those around, so I could find what I need fairly easy. Another color I can't find are BTWs, or even Whites. Has anyone got eggs for sale sometime this or next month, or someone in CA that is raising them that may have pullets of the BTB and pairs or trios of the BTWs?

Check with the online auctions - there are a couple of Midwest breeders that list them right now on eBay. Also you might want to include a Want Ad on this site under the hatching eggs for sale section. If you mention your region, you might find a breeder nearby.

Done both. All the Jap eggs on eBay right now are from hatchery birds. I thought as much when I saw the pics. I was searching on here and found the add I put up last year or the year before/?? I posted it looking for a roo and the very next day he crowed, then his tail started coming in and he just got prettier over time.

Been searching online auctions since yesterday. I might feed the animals today. LOL So frustrating that I haven't found him any girls in over a year. When I found my old WTB add, there was a response months later that I never saw until this morning. I could have had at least one pullet here back then.

Back
Top Bottom