Japanese Bantam Thread!

Man, are these slow growing birds? My baby doesn't seem to be growing. She is eating like a little piggy, drinks well. I had to put the others she was in the brooder with outside in the Nursery hutch, but didn't dare put her with them, because they are so much bigger. I had to go get a companion for her..got a little EE chick. That chick has already outgrown her in just a few days! Here's a picture of her on my DH's computer desk with his finger by her to show her size. She is almost two weeks! Tiny!

She does have more wing feathering, and the tail is finally coming out. I sure hope this is
a girl! I can't have roosters. :( I love this little darling, so I hope I get to keep her.

Cynthia12 my chicks are 3 weeks old and they are a little bit bigger that the one you have shown I have 15 gray japs all the same size...where are you from moomoodiddy

Cynthia12 my chicks are 3 weeks old and they are a little bit bigger that the one you have shown I have 15 gray japs all the same size...where are you from moomoodiddy

Really? Oh I am so excited for her to be a girl. I have a silver looking serama that was given to me this past weekend. She has kind of that partridge pattern..make sense? Not sure what to call that, but I can't imagine this Japaneses baby being as big as she is at 5 weeks, that's how old the Serama is. I have the perfect place for her if she ever grows. lol..soo cute.
Someone asked if she is my only one. She is. I have some Serama eggs in the bator right now. Not sure how I'll do with those. They sure are small! But she will have some small companions if they hatch. If not, she will go in with the Serama and a Faverolle I have. Very sweet Bantam Favorelle. :)

[COLOR=006400]Really?  Oh I am so excited for her to be a girl.  I have a silver looking serama that was given to me this past weekend.  She has kind of that partridge pattern..make sense?  Not sure what to call that, but I can't imagine this Japaneses baby being as big as she is at 5 weeks, that's how old the Serama is.   I have the perfect place for her if she ever grows. lol..soo cute. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=006400]  Someone asked if she is my only one.  She is.  I have some Serama eggs in the bator right now.  Not sure how I'll do with those.  They sure are small!  But she will have some small companions if they hatch.  If not, she will go in with the Serama and a Faverolle I have.  Very sweet Bantam Favorelle.   :)[/COLOR]

im the one who asked if she was the only one i thought if she was u really didnt have anything to compare her to

Back
Top Bottom