Japanese Bantam Thread!

I just got some Japanese chicks yesterday. I'm So Happy
celebrate.gif
D.gif

Dear 4H. lover. Congratulations on getting your Japanese Chickens. I have had mine only a couple of months and we were delighted to get our first pink eggs. We have saved them and have started a hatch,our first . We candeled them last week and found babies in most of the eggs. We are looking forward to seeing our first babies as well.

Does anyone know where I can get BB Reds (Japanese of course)?

Just in case someone does have some. I will be in Louisville, KY in April, Springfield, OH & Ft. Worth, TX in April, and Knoxville, TN in May.

Well folks it has happened at last the second of our pink eggs from our JB's has hatched. These our first two eggs and the first hatch we have had. Both babies are Tiny one is a beautiful light grey with a darker dusting on the face the other is so light you would think she was white. Can anyone venture a guess at what color they will end up being. The mom is white with a grey tail the dad is a beautiful smoke grey withreds and golds as an under color on his chest.

I have a couple of 3-4 week old chicks The original owner said were Dutch Bantam. In another part of the forum, I was told that this was not the case. Any ideas what these could be? Someone in another forum suggest my chickies might be Japanese Bantams?

This first one is mostly white with black spots/speckles on it's wings and tail.

The next one is all black with grey on his neck/chest area, has a rose comb, and black/blue feet.

The last one (on the very left of the picture) is an even mix of white and black, with a seemingly random pattern. It has a rose comb as well, and light colored feet.

Obviously they're not pure bread, but some indication of what breed they are close to would be really helpful, and appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom