Japanese Bantam Thread!

Ok so we ordered some BTWJB from Ideal Poultry, and I was just wondering if anybody else on here has any from there and could you post pictures please?

Can anyone tell me if this is a hen or a roo? Its my only one so none to compare to. It was supposed to be a pullet but we all know thats never a guarentee ;)

So last weekend I purchased 2 white black tailed Japanese chicks from a chicken swap. It's my first time with the breed, are these things I could look for to tell if my birds might be show quality? Also I purchased another chick, a silver duckwing ....something. The women I got the rattled off a long list of bantam breeds and varieties she had for sale, one of which was silver duckwing but I honestly assumed it was a variety of Japanese. Is there such as thing as a silver duckwing bantam?

So last weekend I purchased 2 white black tailed Japanese chicks from a chicken swap. It's my first time with the breed, are these things I could look for to tell if my birds might be show quality? Also I purchased another chick, a silver duckwing ....something. The women I got the rattled off a long list of bantam breeds and varieties she had for sale, one of which was silver duckwing but I honestly assumed it was a variety of Japanese. Is there such as thing as a silver duckwing bantam? 

Can you post a picture of both??

Sure! As soon as I charge up the darn camera :) as for the 3rd mystery chick, I asked for a silver duckwing but now after looking chick pics in the forum, I think she might have actually have given me a silver sebright

Alrighty, these are my little guys (or gals!) two white black-tailed Japanese and a silver sebright? I included the last one for a size reference. It's probably to early to tell anything, but wondering if they might be show worthy one day

Th
Alrighty, these are my little guys (or gals!) two white black-tailed Japanese and a silver sebright? I included the last one for a size reference. It's probably to early to tell anything, but wondering if they might be show worthy one day
it's legs are really long I don't think it's going to be show quality on my BJB chicks you can't hardly see them I will post a pic of them later :)

Back
Top Bottom