Japanese Bantam Thread!

i have some pretty nice black tailed white japs, and im going to try and get some pictures posted of them within the next couple of days.

My boy is a month older than my girls. They are 5 and 4. I have 2 girls, legs are so short, they look like they are all body with feet. Super sweet littlethings. The cockerel lives with my phoenix for the moment...

I think now that I have actually gone back a few pages and read, I am trying to decide if participation in this thread is a good idea. If I am to be told my birds have DQ traits, I'd much rather be told politely, not with a sarcastic comment. Something more along the lines of, "if you are planning to show... Or if you are planning to breed..." There is tact, and there is straight up rudeness. People will not want to learn with rudeness.

These are my first Japs. So far LOVE them. I look at them and think they are adorable. If there is something wrong in there forms, I'd like to know. I'd like to know with out the snark though. Do I need to pose them a certain way to get pictures for judging here? My boy wants to show, and even if they are not SQ, him just knowing what is wrong with them looks good to the 4H judges.

i honestly can't give you any decent advice novaaman. the reason i say this is because i am also fairly new to keeping japanese bantams.

I think now that I have actually gone back a few pages and read, I am trying to decide if participation in this thread is a good idea. If I am to be told my birds have DQ traits, I'd much rather be told politely, not with a sarcastic comment. Something more along the lines of, "if you are planning to show... Or if you are planning to breed..." There is tact, and there is straight up rudeness. People will not want to learn with rudeness.

These are my first Japs. So far LOVE them. I look at them and think they are adorable. If there is something wrong in there forms, I'd like to know. I'd like to know with out the snark though. Do I need to pose them a certain way to get pictures for judging here? My boy wants to show, and even if they are not SQ, him just knowing what is wrong with them looks good to the 4H judges.

Congrats on your first japanese! They are adorable! I love mine! If you want you can place them on a flat surface or table and get a side shot, front shot, and a back shot of each of your japanese.. I can try to help you as the best of my ability. I am going to start showing next year myself.

Back
Top Bottom