Japanese Bantam Thread!

Is this a Japanese Bantam?
It's legs are way shorter and it is stout and squatty looking, compared to my other 5 chicks. They are all approximately 6 weeks old. It has a yellow beak and yellow feet...? My first chicks.
pop.gif

My little Jap Just got outside for the second time today!! And I finally got some of it on camera. (I had to hold my mom up from taking me back to school so I could take some pics of my babies outside!!
wink.png
) He loved it! He was tearing around, flapping his wings, and scrapping with the others. Over this weekend we got 4 cages built for my show chickens to keep their feathers in condition, but we will have an outdoor pen for them, once they tame down and we can catch them to put them back in the cages.
Makino the Black Tailed white Japanese Bantam. He loves it outside. :)
Sure. don't even look at me, Makino. You dork.

Makino is behind the Old english Game Bantam. Hard to believe how fast he's growing!! I love him!! What do you guys think of him? (I know the last pictures I put up he was just a shrimpy little thing at 5 weeks old. )

Last edited:
Is this a leg comparison between long leg and short leg varieties? Or Japanese Legs compared to other breeds of chicken's legs?
Based on the text it was with I believe it is showing a Creeper Gene Leg to a Normal Gene Leg for Chabos.

Di truyền
Gà tre nhật mang 1 alen chân thấp và 1 alen chân cao. Khi lai tạo, trứng sẽ nhận được mỗi alen từ gà cha lẫn gà mẹ. Nếu trứng nhận được cả hai alen chân thấp từ gà cha mẹ thì không sẽ không nở vì bào thai chết yểu. Alen chân thấp tiềm tàng yếu tố “độc hại” mà khi kết hợp với nhau thì nó sẽ bộc phát.

Kết quả lai tạo như sau:

* 25% số trứng sẽ nhận được cả hai alen chân thấp. Trứng sẽ hư, không nở.
* 50% số trứng sẽ nhận được một alen chân thấp và một alen chân cao. Vì đặc điểm chân thấp là gien trội nên toàn bộ số gà này sẽ có kiểu hình chân thấp.
* 25% số trứng sẽ nhận được hai alen chân cao và có kiểu hình chân cao mà các nhà lai tạo không mong muốn. Nếu lai tạo những con gà này với nhau thì sẽ không bao giờ thu được gà tre nhật chân thấp chính hiệu.

Translation:
Genetics
Chicken youngest one allele carries a low foot high and 1 foot allele . When breeding , the eggs will receive each allele from the father and mother hen chickens . If the eggs get both feet lower allele from a parent bird will not hatch because they are not stillborn fetuses . Alen lower leg factors potentially " toxic " that when combined together , it will be spontaneous .
Hybridization results are as follows :
* 25 % of the eggs will get both alleles lower leg . Eggs will damage , not blooming .
* 50 % of the eggs will receive a lower allele and one allele foot foot high . Because lower leg is characterized by dominant gene so all of this will have phenotypes chicken leg lower .
* 25 % of the eggs will receive two alleles foot high and high leg phenotype that breeders unwanted . If this breeder chickens together will never get chicken leg youngest low-key performance .

Đuôi không xòe -------------------- Đuôi không đủ cao

The tail is not spread -------------------- Tail not high enough

Đuôi ngả về trước quá nhiều ------------ Đuôi quá thấp
Tail leaning forward too much - too low Tail

Lý tưởng
Ideal

Đuôi túm ------------------------- Đuôi sóc
Tail grab - Tail Care (I believe based on the translator this is Squirrel Tail)

Đuôi cong (lông phụng mềm) --------- Đuôi ngả
The tail is curved (soft sickles) --------- Tail reclining

Lý tưởng ideal

http://chochimcanhvn.com/threads/1436-Chabo-giong-ga-tre-nhat-Terry-amp-amp-Lisa-Crook-

My little Jap Just got outside for the second time today!! And I finally got some of it on camera. (I had to hold my mom up from taking me back to school so I could take some pics of my babies outside!! ;) ) He loved it! He was tearing around, flapping his wings, and scrapping with the others. Over this weekend we got 4 cages built for my show chickens to keep their feathers in condition, but we will have an outdoor pen for them, once they tame down and we can catch them to put them back in the cages. Makino the Black Tailed white Japanese Bantam. He loves it outside. :) Sure. don't even look at me, Makino. You dork. Makino is behind the Old english Game Bantam. Hard to believe how fast he's growing!! I love him!! What do you guys think of him? (I know the last pictures I put up he was just a shrimpy little thing at 5 weeks old. )
Do you regard the Black Tailed White Jap as one of your "show chickens"?

Do you regard the Black Tailed White Jap as one of your "show chickens"?

Yes. We decided to try it this year. This will be my final year showing chickens at the county fair through 4-H. I noticed that his legs seem a little long, but you rarely see them at our fair. Its not a very strict show, not like a professional one, but we try to bring the best animals we can.

Back
Top Bottom