Japanese Bantam Thread!

Got this as a bantam chick. Based off of the possible hatcheries I think it might be a black Japanese Bantam. Obviously not show quality. What do you all think? She is the smaller black one in the picture. I can get a more recent photo if needed.

*current photo of her*

Last edited:
Got this as a bantam chick. Based off of the possible hatcheries I think it might be a black Japanese Bantam. Obviously not show quality. What do you all think? She is the smaller black one in the picture. I can get a more recent photo if needed.

*current photo of her*

Not a jap bantam way to tall might be a white face black spanish? Whatever it is its def not a jap

My boy will be 2 months the end of this month. He has been crowing or sort of for about a month. Having chickens of all sorts for 15 years I have never had a rooster crow so early. He is a lady taking care of guy to showing the silks the food and clucking when the other hens lay eggs. I will get a pick of him and upload latter.

I had two Japanese Bantam roos I raised earlier this year. The larger of the two started trying to crow at 2 months, kept the other chicks rounded up whenever they were out of their coop, and at 3 months I had to take him out of that coop and into another caged environment because he was not only a flyer and climber, but he started going after two of the other chicks, which, I discovered later were both roosters and tried to tear them apart. Hopefully this is not the norm for the breed. The other Japanese roo was half wild but not nearly as vicious. I re-homed the three roos about two weeks ago. Flyboy is what I called him, but he was way over the top in testosterone!

So tiny to be so full of it. He is not as wild as the other male I had and rehomed with his 3 females. With his short legs and full comb think he will be a beauty.
D.gif

Got a picture of my 2 month old boy. He has been crowing for about a month and is now courting the girls. I think a couple.

silkies are boys too lol

I am trying to identify this baby does it look like Japanese ?
I'm going to post another photo in a few minutes.

A number of breeds have chicks that look similar. Yours could be a Japanese bantam. Cute chick.

I'm new in Tennessee. Are there any BYC members in Southern Tennessee?

Back
Top Bottom