Japanese Bantam Thread!

Megs, I like the lacing in some of the BTW, Sure would like to get a little more lacing into mine. Love the crele! I decided to concentrate my time on working with established varieties. Not that I'm ancient, but perhaps a little impatient, I wasn't sure I could carry it through the years needed to get a true breeding variety, and I have so much to learn, just getting started. I have seen some BBR Japanese listed with someones sig line, but I don't remember who it was. I'll sure watch out for it.

Don't forget the Japanese Bantam Breeders Association can be found at http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbba/JBBA.html

need to see more pics!!

the grey japanese im working to better, though i am already fairly happy with them. they btw have the long legs so no point really working with them (just hatching a few as pet quality for fun). I am also way to impatient to work on a new color variety, i had considered it, as it is interesting, but i dont know much about genetics and really dont have patience needed to put years and years into it. though that crele is lovely!!

interested in some japs who would I need to go to for quality and selection of colors? really like the greys

also how did you start with crele? very neat. I like the color I O.E.G.B. trio

Kenneth Flippen

I got my start of the crele japanese from shamoman, I believe. I purchase an assortment of Japanese eggs a few years ago, I am not sure what he used in the breeding. I am using barred on the crele hen, because I can not find any BB Red Japanese.

Wow, I love everyone's pictures. I have always liked the grays but don't have any and all of my mottled Japanese died when young except one roo who turned out to black. My BTW trio is still young(except one hen) and I took some (fairly poor) pics of my mille fleur project but here are the pictures of the F2 chicks that I am considering keeping.
Excuse the way they look as if they are clutching the cage, they were quite terrified that I had taken them out , lol.
F2Millefleurjapanese22.jpg

F2Millefleurjapanese2.jpg

F2Millefleurjapanese3.jpg

We have a Black tailed Buff roo and we love him ! I do need to find him a lady or 2 ! He is " true short legged " does that really make a diffence ? Just wondering ....I really do LOVE my lil guy !
love.gif

I am looking for anyone close to Lakeland, FL (We are inbetween Orlando and Tampa). I need a show quality BTW for my daughter, preferably a hen. We have had 3 die from the ones at school and I rather not go through that one again. If anyone knows anyone, please e-mail us at [email protected]. Or a Bluff, she decided she likes those too but her last three were all BTW's. Thank so much!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom