Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Quote:
I think I will try sponges next time also. I live in Tx so we have the ac on about 80% of the year ... but for some reason my hen stopped laying. She is the only one out of everyone that stopped completely. I think I need to maybe spiff up her environment to help her want to lay again. I am hoping it's not b/c of the 1 to 1 ratio right now as we only have a pair.

Quote:
Here is a different color. I am not to sure how it will turn out.
3475_different_colors.jpg

speaking of colors!..... I am looking into getting some greys, what happens when you cross grey and black? does anyone know? I am worried about getting another rooster, I can't keep building separate runs/coops for everyone! lol! I just got done building one for out silkies and cochins now my next one will be for the japs seeing as we are slowly building a small flock.

my sons black bantam japanese hen died. We are only a week before the fair. Does anyone have one near MN or willing to ship so he can still show his trio?

Courtney

We (my son) have some Black Tailed White Japanese bantams. All of the chicks have grown into such wonderful and friendly chickens. Now my daughter would like some also. She would like any color except the ones we already have. I think her favorite is the Cuckoo, but I told her they probably would be too difficult to find.

If anyone has hatching eggs for sale or will in the future (when it cools down) please PM me.

Thanks so much

Here is a picture that i took. One baby is under moms wing beside the rooster on the left. The other baby is piggy back riding for the night. All japs. I thought it was really cute.
3475_baby_with_the_group.jpg

Back
Top Bottom