Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Another WOO HOO!!! The mottled hen in my post on the last page took BB at the 2nd show at Heart of the Ozarks Poultry Association show in Fayetteville, AR this last weekend. One of the BTW hens took RB in the first show. I managed to pick up a Mottled to go with my hens, and somehow or another ended up with a pair of Blacks, lol. Like I need another color. And then durn, it, there was a trio of blue breasted red OEG Bantams I fell in love with, and they ended up coming home with me too.

Sorry I somehow missed the question about the pics, I will try to get some of mine up.

69362_more_chickens_008.jpg

69362_ducks_and_chickens_006.jpg

69362_ducks_and_chickens_010.jpg

69362_more_chickens_003.jpg

and the chicks they hatched out most r moltted japs but some r muts and couple r silkies the ones that r white with a black spot on its head r the moltted
69362_pics_678_185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe feathers on the legs are a DQ, but not sure, I need to find my SOP. You sure wouldn't get placed. Someone was talking about a bigtime line where those showed up every once in a while, and they culled them all.

Quote:
I looked in mine and it didnt mention anything about them having feathers on their legs, but it didnt say anything about them being a DQ...?

Here are three chicks at hatching and three weeks later. Thanks to Jenjscott!...All three are short legged............................................Chrisf

Last edited:
I love this thread!! I love the mottled Jap!
big_smile.png

Here in NZ, it is common knowledge that we have the black tailed whites and whites. I've seen a few birchens but that's it.
In our NZPS book (probably very similar to what you call 'SOP'), we should have over twenty other coloured Japs but we don't.

I'm hoping to start up two colour breedings next year, aiming for Silver Duckwing, Barred and later on, Mottles.

I haven't seen Pyle coloured Japs? But I love the Barred tailed Japs
droolin.gif
as shown on the feathersite. They're so awesomest!

So while I'm incubating eggs of Silverduckwing OEGBs and raising Barred Rock Bantams, I'll be putting together notes for colour breeding next year. If anyone would like to impart with some sound advice with colour breedings or poultry wisdom
old.gif
, please do pass it on
wink.png

Here is my pet quality Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam hen.

16945_img_5006.jpg

Here she is with her OEG banty/ Jap. banty mix chicks from last Spring

16945_img_4307.jpg

16945_img_4315.jpg

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom