Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Well, I wouldn't say no to a mottle Jap
wink.png
I love 'mottles!'
love.gif

Here is a picture of the hen at the Fayetteville show last month. Yes, she is standing up, lol

10901_motjaphenbv.jpg

One reason this win is very special (this was explained to me) is that Mottled is not a traditional Japanese color, and many judges will not put them up just because of the color. Luckily for me, the judge we had was not one of those. They are not near as numerous as some of the other colors, but I think they are very attractive. The mottleds have been around a long time, but like many other breeds, there are a lot of new colors being developed. Next year at the crossroads show, they are going to try and get the blue tailed white accepted into the standard. that means we'll have 2 BTWs, black tailed and blue tailed.

Dun is not a recognized color, but yours is very nice looking, I have never heard of that color before, and her mottling is nice.

Quote:
Oh very nice Jenjscott
thumbsup.gif
Beautiful!!

Are the barred tailed Japs accepted in the standards? Or is that a colour still waiting to be accepted (It certainly aint accepted yet for NZ but I'll be starting on breeding for barred tail whites starting next year, then worry about arguing my case for the colour (I guess)
rant.gif
when the time warrants it
old.gif
lol

No, the barred tail have not been accepted, but I believe I have seen pics of them in blue barred and black barred, so that would be two different varieties!

Back
Top Bottom