Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Thanks for the info meepitqueenie! My husband is positive the lady sold them to me b/c there is something wrong with them. Hopefully not and you are right!

Quote:
THEY ARE SOOOO CUTE! And look absolutely pretty and show quality to me! Where did you get thme if I may ask? I am begging for some!

To Dutchgirl: I have a white bk tailed pullet, love the color of the other one in the picture!
smile.png

owner of 5 TB racehorses, 12 Painted Desert sheep, 4 goats, 1 housedog, several outside cats, 2 housecats, 1 Longhorn cross heifer, 2 OEGB roos, 1 Japenese pullet & 20 American Games.......

Last edited:
Quote:
he is definitely not black tailed buff. he could be a black tailed white mixed with black tailed buff but he does not look like a pure btb. BTB's roo's are more of a golden color.

Quote:
he is definitely not black tailed buff. he could be a black tailed white mixed with black tailed buff but he does not look like a pure btb. BTB's roo's are more of a golden color.

I would say he is a mixed color Japanese bantam as well.

I have 2 Japanese Bantams, 1 BTW and 1 black, that I bought @ about 1 week old as straight run. They are now approx 21 weeks old. I have looked @ pictures, pictures, & more pictures but none of the pictures tell me when to expect certain things.

Such as: When do the combs/wattles on the males really start to be noticable? When do the curved tail feathers start to pop up on the males? When can I expect them to start laying?

Also, I am wondering about my black jap...the beak is black, the legs/feet are black, comb/wattles is black with red under-tones, and has only a bit of red showing on the face. Is it possible that it's not really a black jap?

I will post pictures tomorrow, as I don't have the camera at work with me. Any insight would be fabulous
smile.png

Thanks!!!

Quote:
The legs should be yellow and the comb and wattles should not be black. I would say that it is likely mixed with something. As for when. Well, I can tell my BTW males from the females pretty early because they always have a larger comb than the females. As for when they start laying. Mine usually lay at 4-5 months but it depends on a lot of things, like weather, daylight etc. I have never taken notice of when the tail feathers "pop up" on a male.

Back
Top Bottom