Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
I really like the japs also. Right now I have white/black tailed and buff/black tailed. Cant wait for this spring and raising some more.

112222_100_9220.jpg

Here are some pictures of my Japanese Bantams.

These are my Black Tail JB Chicks. They are about 2 months old now. 3 Roos and 2 Hens
87952_img_1230.jpg

This is my White Tail JB Hen. She just laid an egg and was coming off the nest.
87952_img_1232.jpg

Here are my Black Tail JB Roo and Hen.
87952_img_1236.jpg

87952_img_1238.jpg

Just some curious Questions. Are you JBs Hens very noisy when they lay eggs? Mine talk-screech for about 20mins before they actually lay an egg. How about your Roosters. My Roo crows all night long. He's nice and quiet during the day but during the middle of the night he likes to wake up the whole area. haha.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding a Japanese bantam/OEGB cross. Ridge comb, very light, a yellowish cream with dark wing tips and tail. Do any of you guys have information about this color, or perhaps if it is more of a JB color or OEGB color? I know since he's a cross it could be almost anything...but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask - thanks!

does any one breed short legged japs not set on a variety but they must have eggs that can ship into canada

thanks

Chickenboy, we ALL want short legged Japs, it just is a crap shoot as to what hatches.
It's a genetic thing that hatches will include all. They have to be culled after they hatch.

I have a question regarding a Japanese bantam/OEGB cross. Ridge comb, very light, a yellowish cream with dark wing tips and tail. Do any of you guys have information about this color, or perhaps if it is more of a JB color or OEGB color? I know since he's a cross it could be almost anything...but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask - thanks!

i recently intentionally crossed a Blue Quail OEGB Rooster with a BTW Jap hen and unfortunately i hatched 3 roos and 0 hens but the appearance is very typey and the lil guys started crowing at 2months. ill try and get some pics of them asap.

I cant wait for spring so we can start hatching more of these :) we are also going to be working on blues this year.
keep loosing the white hens we purchased from a long time breeder so may be looking for a home for our white roo.

Desperately seeking SQ black Japs for my son to start his own breeding program. We are in MN.

Anyone have any leads for us please?

Thanks,
Courtney

Back
Top Bottom