Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

8 weeks old.... got 4 chicks supposed to be jersey giants but this is the only one that actually appears to be one? Any one confirm? and its a roo isn't it?

8 weeks old.... got 4 chicks supposed to be jersey giants but this is the only one that actually appears to be one? Any one confirm? and its a roo isn't it?
If its a JG, its a blue one. What makes you think roo? Looks like a girl to me.

Its behaviour is very dominant which I know some pullets are like but the comb also seems to be quite large for 8 weeks and such short tail feathers... I am a newbie with this breed so was hoping for some help :)

Its behaviour is very dominant which I know some pullets are like but the comb also seems to be quite large for 8 weeks and such short tail feathers...  I am a newbie with this breed so was hoping for some help :)
my bjg roosters also had the short tail feathers at that age unlike the pullets which already had quite noticeable plumage on the tails

I have a 1-year-old Jersey Giant that isn't very...well, giant. Size wise, she's in the middle of the flock. Smaller than my Delaware, Sussex, and Brahma, and bigger than my Hamburg and Wyandotte. How long do they grow? She doesn't appear to have gotten any bigger in several months. Will she grow any more?

I have a 1-year-old Jersey Giant that isn't very...well, giant. Size wise, she's in the middle of the flock. Smaller than my Delaware, Sussex, and Brahma, and bigger than my Hamburg and Wyandotte. How long do they grow? She doesn't appear to have gotten any bigger in several months. Will she grow any more?
If you got her from a reputable breeder then she might grow some more. But my guess is, since she's merely mid sized, that you got her from a hatchery.

A jersey giant should NOT be smaller than a Brahma. That's certain.

Agreed. JG's grow slow, but are always big, huge body size, actual weight they put on late, at a yr though should be biggest birds in your flock.

Back
Top Bottom