Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Your orchard is just as beautiful as the rest of your place. I love the stump chicken and the metal one too.
big_smile.png

Tara, I got referred to a lady that also has some Chantecler from the same line I have and she has added a couple other lines to work on the yellow in the legs and the size of the hens. She is going to sell me some hatching eggs after the first of the year as she will be moving age getting her new place set up for her birds. I am very excited!

Tara, glad you are back - Stump Chicken looks very comfy where she sits now. Have to admit though Fixins is my forever favorite-
love.gif
would be really keen is she had her own thread "Life with Fixins" in addition to yours. Just a thought.

Now realize...we have to squeeze a whole summer (construction) into two months, eh...ten months of winter here...so we need to get the game on or get iced in.

Tara, we are close here. Most years we can count on 3 months of summer, not so much this year, but oh well, maybe a long, warm fall? We can always dream, can't we? Due to some serious family health issues I have fallen behind on my summer chores for winter but good weather most of next week that should help me catch up. Hope the same for you!!!

I just love that you are doing your part to preserve endangered species
love.gif

We would all hate to see the extinction of the endangered Stump Chicken!
D.gif

Now realize...we have to squeeze a whole summer (construction) into two months, eh...ten months of winter here...so we need to get the game on or get iced in.

Tara, we are close here. Most years we can count on 3 months of summer, not so much this year, but oh well, maybe a long, warm fall? We can always dream, can't we? Due to some serious family health issues I have fallen behind on my summer chores for winter but good weather most of next week that should help me catch up. Hope the same for you!!!

I just love that you are doing your part to preserve endangered species
love.gif

We would all hate to see the extinction of the endangered Stump Chicken!
D.gif
X-2
Scott

Does Stump Chicken stay in the coop for the winter, or is she weather hardy?

I was just looking around the yard and found a very old, stump from a Russian Olive tree cut down many years ago. I was thinking it would be a good place for a stump chicken. The yard is complete chaos, so I think it would be safe from two legged vandals.

Have to see if I can find a really hardy stump chicken - do they also come in bantam?

We have been busy going back and forth to Nashville. Maddy has to have another surgery on the 29th. Scans found gaps where the bone still has not fused. I'll try and keep you all updated...but on the OF thread. I don't want to hijack Tara's.

Back
Top Bottom