Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Thanks Tara!
I do have hopes of hearing about your puppers and Rick again before Christmas is here this year!
Scott

No worries but I have learned not to kid myself that the winter holidays is not going to be a busy time.
wee.gif

Extended the ruffle and added the white lace on a skirt I have had for...oh fifteen years or so. I think it looks kewl and already wore it once to a Christmas gathering.

Put the one pallet of bagged cracked corn away in the Feed Room. Good to make use of days I don't have to do the part time job, eh and exchange that time and energies to work needing doing here.

Some wintery shots of Pear-A-Dice.
wink.png

Always the helper girls in there doing what they do best...helping!

Let's see...next time to talk about Rick and his latest truck (Mr. Sub...he does have TWO of them now!),,,

Got a mechanical inspection done on the 1988 Suburban--passed with flying colours of course! I checked in on the front license plate (sign shop owner says sometime this week and he'll call us...bwa ha ha!)...

This one is on the 1980 Sub...the one ordered up will be black lettering for 1988...

The running boards have come in yesterday. Rick has installed a battery maintainer, winter and summer front, the front license plate holder with driving light bar (wanted some bolts, two to be machined and declined the estimate of $75 to do that...yikes...he will hunt hard to find large headed bolts with smaller diameter shafts) is on the truck, the floor mats are in (noted that the heater core had been changed and Rick being Rick, inspected the condition of the under the floor rug insulation in the front floor and yeh...soaked with coolant (that crap never dries out!) so he cut it out (before it begins to ROT the metal in the floor--ack!) and replaced it with new (funny, we want to replace what he used and holy Hannah, there seems to be a void in places that carry it...will try body shops next I guess or go to LMC (nfi) again), the windshield wiper motor quit and he bought new and changed it (returned for core deposit)...
wink.png

Uh...the front bench seat covers are here (he needs a tad warmer weather to shampoo the bench seat before he puts those on), engine compartment is squeaky clean be worked upon (already mentioned that on a previous post). Oh yes, new wheels/tires all round and he has pretty black hub covers coming in and will paint the drums black as the rusty red look wretched peaking thru the style of rims they bought for it. There is a new rim and tire to go on it that is yet to come in--today?? (imagine the old owner got four new rims for the yucky tires but no SPARE...I guess the guy had horseshoes more than the average person does driving about with NO spare--Rick and I have normal luck and hate being road side stranded...so new rim and tire to match is in the works for the unit!). He has a relay and driving lights outta his stock for it...working on that...there is a ton of items like stainless exhaust extension (have one, it is a dual exhaust and the second is on back order) coming in, fender flares, hood deflector, front window deflectors, bought/paid for undercoat and Rick will power wash the underside clean and coat it up good, new battery clamps on, front seat console in...new mud flaps back ordered, want a new hydraulic jack for it (remember the spare tire not existing...jack and tools to change tires are too), bought a tool kit for the truck (old trucks = need tools to keep it on the road running...jest a precaution!), and some more clearance lights to be SEEN by.
roll.png

So since I am a retired bean counter, I tallied up what we bought the truck for and what the seller was asking and even with all that has come in and been paid for...we are still a thousand dollars to the good from the initial asking price. Now no kidding aside, we will go past the asking price when we have the black belt painted on it (rock guard to protect her perfect condition sides...) but we will be driving some hunka hunka winter ride eh! Winter dog bus in the style of Rick!

What has been done not by us is the suspension is new, shocks, leafs, all seals and bearing are new, new tires, heater core, trailer hitch (doubt she will ever pull anything by us, got the Boo one ton for that!), dual exhaust, tint on the windows, new rims, new brakes and stainless lines along with emerge done new...yeh, fer a winter ride she is surely a much more plumb reliable one!

So that be the truck...shall take it to town this afternoon to top up the grocery in the local town and enjoy the trip.

On Friday, unfortunately one of the petted up deer from the subdivision above us met an untimely death on our high traffic large vehicle roads here. Wish people would leave the wilds to be wilds and quit doing stupid things like feed them apples to entice them INSIDE their homes (yeh...search U-Tube-nfi to see what deer are capable of when they freak out inside a building...gack!). Last year it was a young Black Bear that was too comfy with humans...this time a deer met its end because it has lost all fear of human kind and our smells and ways.

The girls knew something was up...they could smell the trouble over the highway in the opposing ditch! But nothing ever goes to waste in Nature...

Once the gals figured out all the uglies was not on our patch of dirt...they chilled back out and we all had a good ol' play time.

Not sure if the one on the left right is an immature Bald or a Red Tailed Hawk...hard to tell.

I did get some good shots of the winged scavengers...here are some of them.
smile.png

Mature Bald Eagle

More shots posted here...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/946654/calling-all-wild-bird-feeders/460

And on that note...

Did someone mention the F-word??

Food Time!
tongue.png

Fried chook, beans and potato salad...

Breaky...

So am about to stuff our holiday turkey & shove it into the oven to cook up. Having that for dinner tonight AND best part...with the whirlwind of activities I expect Rick and I to be undergoing now that he is off and I am off too...yeh...turk sands are in the plans to keep us full up and fed.
cool.png

And last but never least...topic must always switch over to them doggers...

^~~^ & ^~~^

Emmest

Nose snow plowing Lacy!

Some pretty shots of the girls because we know they can be ladies too...
clap.gif

And then to slowly wean you into the funny shots...
yippiechickie.gif

Puppy dogs and toys

Then the toyers become more hunters because toys are one thing but hunting each other...

Well that becomes where the WILD GIRLS excel!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Emmy hunting Lacy

Lacy hunting Emmy

"This is SO me biting Emmy," says the Lace-a-Lot! Emmy is laughing at her feeble aggressive pose.

Lacy attacking with the big strike you down Emmest!

I've never bin one to watch all star wresting...but hmm...have the girls been watching it...well HAVE THEY??
hu.gif

Is that really Emmy under that crushing red bulk of Lacy??

No worries fans of the four legged tailed wild girls!

Always the best of girlfriends,,,what happens during puppy play, stays as PLAY!

...or is that war games...

Where most of the war games take place...basking with a lovely Chinook arch in the skies.

Whatever...you guys all get it!
big_smile.png

So may the season that you celebrate be peaceful and joyous...and the upcoming 2016 year the bestest one yet!
hugs.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Edit...right shb left...oh well, got turkey on the brain...that's moi excuse and sticking to it!
wink.png

Last edited:
Heel low:

Twas a merry Christmas indeed...

Christmas Day...Very Festive fur surely!
lol.png

My dinner sits getting cold on the counter but thought a few action shots from "play time with Ricker" were in order...
wink.png

Now who's boots tuckied in the right corner can those ones be??
hu.gif

By the looks on the girls faces...you can read their LUV!
love.gif

Mere fractions of a second going by...

Can they ever move...

Expression of glee...

'Cause they are givin' it all they got...

And them girls got a lot to give!

Not sure if I will be able to pop back in here before...so will say it now...

woot.gif
Happy new upcoming year of 2016 everyone!
hugs.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Always good when you and the puppers check in, Tara. Looks like Emmest and Lacey were trying to remove each other's neck decorations. Happy early New Year to the whole
Higgins family 2 legged and 4.

Hi Tara
frow.gif

I've had at least 2 other members tell me I need to come meet you so here I am! Actually, now that I'm here, I realize we've met before over on the wild bird thread. Hope it's ok if I hang out here sometimes with you all.

Happy new year!

Back
Top Bottom