Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

I was so tickled when I saw these guys at the fair last night - this is the first time we've had Jacobs. One of the ewes had an accident and broke a horn while getting unloaded. Poor babies, life has been rough for them lately; they had to be evacuated because of the flooding earlier this month.

Last edited:
Heel low:

Sorry to all the posters but me just popped in quick and slick...busy doesn't even come close to what's up here right now!
wink.png

Fur some reason...it is like room temperature...outside in November and for the next week and maybe even TWO weeks...oh well, know snow will come again but for now, that's one less coupla weeks of winter...kinda funky?

Thursday; Calgary, six hour round trip to the feed mill for four tons bagged rations...yah...no sooner got that done and...well, yeh...

Friday...today...today, eh...
ya.gif

Lacy...well uh, let's jest say bin busy for a reason...
lol.png

Lacy waiting in the ring for her Best of Breed Ribbons

Lacy took BEST OF BREED today...my boy, my son handling her.
woot.gif

Don't she look like she is having some FUN???

She is gorgeous, she moved round the rings like a PRO...she was all she needed to be...and took BREED (so the tally for Lace-A-Lot is two points & major in April...this makes another two points and another major--so she's got four of the ten needed to title her for conformation!). Lacy also has bragging rights on her first BB! She beat the currently third ranked ACD in Canada--a Specials Male (so he's titled)--nicely done thar Lacy! Emmy, right on behind Lacy, she came second today with me handling. DELIGHTED--take second place any day to my boy and the Lace!

Showing is tiring work...right Lacy...
lol.png

Lacy and Emmy waiting for Herding Group judging...
Emmy guarding over Lacy whilst she grabs a little BEAUTY rest

highfive.gif

CERF eye exam on Saturday for both gals plus showing for ACDs is at 08:30...

Just finished laundry, ironing my next outfit...off for some quick shut eye and do it all over again. BTW, that folding wagon I ordered...c @ tz meow indeed!

Two more days...gonna be WAY exhausted but to start the girl's second show weekend off (they are 18 months old now!)...oh my good golly. Cloud nine...heaven sent...cloud nine...won't be able to keep my feet on the ground...BEAUTY!
celebrate.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Back
Top Bottom