Just a cute story about moving a broody hen.

DianaMallory

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2012
Lancaster Ohio
My BA went broody on me so I decided to let her sit on eggs for the first time. She is 4 years old and never hatched out eggs, but she goes broody every summer. I waited until it got dark to move her away from the other hens. I picked her up and my husband gathered her eggs, there should have been 8, but 2 were missing. We looked all over and then I felt something under her wing, there was one missing egg and the other one was under the other wing. I am so glad she had a tight grip on them or it could have been ugly. She settled right back in on her clutch of eggs, no problems. And I didn't even get pecked!

My BA went broody on me so I decided to let her sit on eggs for the first time. She is 4 years old and never hatched out eggs, but she goes broody every summer. I waited until it got dark to move her away from the other hens. I picked her up and my husband gathered her eggs, there should have been 8, but 2 were missing. We looked all over and then I felt something under her wing, there was one missing egg and the other one was under the other wing. I am so glad she had a tight grip on them or it could have been ugly. She settled right back in on her clutch of eggs, no problems. And I didn't even get pecked!
Good luck with your hatch my bloody hatched out a chick for the first time a couple weeks ago the other eggs did not make it so she only got one chick but boy does she love her so much I hope all of your eggs hatch good luck

Back
Top Bottom