Just Another Chicken Lover...

Bonkerelli

In it for the chickens
Jan 1, 2022
Hello yall!:)

I am a fellow chicken lover just like all of you. This is my third year raising chickens. My goal is to expand out nearly every year. This past year was my first year hatching eggs, both my an incubator and by a very broody hen. :jumpyPlus, last year was a first raising chickens to eat too (I know some of you might not like that). Yet, I live on a modern homestead and that is the way it goes sometimes when you have more than two roosters.

I currently have 9 feathered babies. 7 hens and 2 roosters. All under three years of age. I have 3 Seramas (Lucy, Ethel and Tobias). Tobias is KING of the coop! English Orpington/Cuckoo Maran, named Trixster... how is VERY much a pushover. One Brahma Bantam Goldilocks. She runs like she has pogo sticks for legs. One Quailantwerp Bantam, Agatha.. she's a skiddish one! Olive Egger... you guessed it named Olive. My eldest hen Henrietta.. she is the most cranky. Last but certainly not least is Esme. She is English Orpington/Blue Cochin Bantam... she just started laying! Yeah!

Besides my love affair with chickens I have a plethora of hobbies. All of which have to do with the "little house on the prairie" lifestyle.

I hope I can learn some new tricks here and maybe give some advice for some tricks I've learned:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom