Just wanna make sure everything is OK for goose egg

I stopped turning yesterday because I heard that they’ll still be OK if you stop turning them a bit early. It’s in lockdown so I can’t open the incubator, but I whistled to it and it moved so it’s still alive.

Thank you, but I will take lots of care of the gossling and will not keep it from flying away when the time comes.

How is the egg doing now?

You'll want to get it to a rehabber, because if and when it DOES fly away, it won't know where it's going. Canada geese need to learn the migration routes from their parents, or a flock they're introduced to by a rehabber. Ever seen the movie Fly Away Home? (If not, check it out, it's a good movie.)

If it's not shown where to go by a flock, it can't find its way, and will likely get lost and starve when it tries to go. And you can't keep it from going, because, as has been said, that's illegal.

oh no! I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

Once the zipping starts, it is usually pretty fast, so maybe it got stuck/couldn't move to finish hatching and got exhausted trying to come out. If you decide to do an autopsy, you might find if there were other factors contibuting.

So sorry :(

oh no! I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

Once the zipping starts, it is usually pretty fast, so maybe it got stuck/couldn't move to finish hatching and got exhausted trying to come out. If you decide to do an autopsy, you might find if there were other factors contibuting.

So sorry :(
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom