Just wanted to share my new baby goats

JHorn91180

Songster
8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Northeast KY
Hey just wanted to share some pics of my new babies. For those of u that dont know me I have a small herd of goats. They r all pets that r awesome at clearing brush on our small farm. This girl is my fav. Her name is Brittney. She is a Fainter/Pygmy cross. I got her at 10 months old and she is now 18 months. This is the first time she has kided. Sire belongs to a friend and is also half Fainter Pygmy cross. She had twins. The little one with all the black spots is a nanny and the one with the gray face is a billy. Def keeping the little nanny.
celebrate.gif
Wasnt expecting twins

They are so cute! I have 2 pregnant goats. I have a Nubian/Kiko/Boer who needs to have those babies soon! She's so huge and uncomfortable, I feel so bad for her! I know she is having at least twins, if not triplets! She's a first freshener, too, as is my not as pregnant Saanen/Boer girl.

They are adorable.....question....how well do goats or sheep get along with chickens?

Thanks guys I love them. It cracks me up to watch them bounce play and test out thier legs. Brittney is being such a great mommy. The question about poultry altho mine r housed seperate they do spend alot of time in the pasture with the goats and I have Chickens and Turkeys. I know lots of people that keep poultry and goats and they basically just ignore each other. Mama24, waiting on them to give birth is just the worst part. Seems like they will never have them. Its very exciteing please let me know if u post pics once they r born would love to see them
pop.gif

Just thought of somthing that might b fun. I love baby goats and welcome anyone that has any to Hijack my thread and add photos of your babies. If a few people do this I will change the name of the thread to "The Baby Goat Thread" and edit my first post. I will add pics as my other nannies have babies too. Please everyone feel free to share share share

Back
Top Bottom