Just watched a fox attack my hen - pain relief for chicken???

Can you post any pictures of the leg? Aspirin 81 mg low dose can be given once or twice a day. Meloxicam, a prescription drug from a vet is also good, in case you have any leftovers from a dog or cat surgery. Clean any wounds with Hibiclens and water, or weak Betadine. Plain Triple Antibiotic Ointment is good to then put on the clean wound.

That was a crazy experience. I did not do a through examine of her as of yet. There seems to be a small puncture wound on the leg. She cannot walk. I did not want to examine her while stress was such a factor. I made her secure in a little crate, and made a batch of chicken feed, scrambled egg with a crushed baby aspirin and vitamin water to moisten it. I put it in front of her and she did eat it. Here we are 2 hours later and her beak is no longer open breathing and shes just laying down. Shes looks calm but i am so nervous to examine her. I'll wait until the heat of day is gone. I suppose only time will tell. I still cant believe i witness that fox tackle her like a football player. I was screaming bloody murder! I honestly cant believe that fox didnt take off with her......my screams definitely had to have something to do with it. He was a strugglin' lookin' fox too. Fur all missing in places.....maybe mange or something? Well, like i said, time will tell. All other chickens are very calm and well behaved even though we're in lock down now. Come on Goldie ~ Get better little buddy! 🐓❤️

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom