Keeping chickens cool

Thank you!! That's a great article! And knowing how hot &dry it can get in AZ, you know why I'm so concerned for my tiny flock! They're getting a fan today. I've also started putting a block of ice in with their water in my 2gallon waterer. I had no idea that corn increased heat! And I've been giving them a bunch of it since they love it. Guess that will be a cool weather treat
263a.png

I'm new and don't have any input but just wanted to say hi since I use to live in Hemet. I'm in TX now and love it. It's still hot but a different kind of heat.

Holy Moly! It's "only" 98 here today! I dropped some of the ice I was putting in their water and 2of them went over and sat on it! I'm spraying them with cool water from a spray bottle since I don't have a mister set up yet :)

Welcome! It's pretty hot here today! Hope you're enjoying Texas and have your new coop all set up with some shade!

I don't miss that heat or Hemet for that matter. I'm working on a coop now and I will be in the shade but it never cools off at night like it does in CA :( last night we had a low of 70 and we may hit 98 this week, it's just going to get hotter from there. Hello summer! Hopefully y'all will get some rain this year thought. Thanks for the welcome.

Back
Top Bottom