Kentucky people

Hello! Just moved to Kentucky recently from Texas. I've been to other states, but Kentucky is the only other place I've ever felt at home! This place is so gorgeous.

I sadly do not have ducks anymore, but my family has young Leghorn chickens. I will be getting Welsh Harlequin ducks again in the next couple years, after we get their pond done and a large area fenced in for them. I am so excited to have ducks again!!

Welcome to the bluegrass state! What part of the state did you move to?

I am from Bardstown Ky. We have about 40 chicks half RIR and half Buffs. 2 are black and white and have no idea where they came from. But we just started hatching this year.

Recently got me some baby chicks and hatched one chick. It's name is Chick Chick lol I know so original. I'm in love with chickens now! I'm in central ky and hope to getting more soon. Learning as I go with my family.

Western ky I have ameracaunas , French copper marans and speckled Sussex. My babes are 4 months and 4 wks .! Total of 18 chicks.

I'm brand new in Pulaski County and able to have chickens. Yay! I'm wanting to buy started pullets, however I haven't had any luck finding anything local. One farm I was told about in Science Hill may have some, but not until fall. I may be forced to wait.
Does anyone have suggestions?

I'm brand new in Pulaski County and able to have chickens. Yay! I'm wanting to buy started pullets, however I haven't had any luck finding anything local. One farm I was told about in Science Hill may have some, but not until fall. I may be forced to wait.
Does anyone have suggestions? 

Be on the lookout for swap meets. I'm in Owensboro and I think they do them regularly (once or twice a month) in the tractor supply parking lot. I think other TSC's host swap meets too. I would just ask a local feed store- they usually know.

Hello there welcome to Kentucky. I have lived in Kentucky all my life. I have brown leghorn hens. I have never raised chickens till this year. I got my first egg yesterday. Lol I was so excited
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom