💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
ME
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all members!

Yesterday I took Kiwi, one of my BO's for a walk on her new harness.....it was the very first time, but she did good! Also, I'm not sure if I put the harness on the right way, please tell me. So here are some pictures:

P1000570.jpg

P1000571.jpg

I'll do more later!

I might have to try that sometime with one of my Rhode island reds, who never seems to run out of energy. She'd love it!

Make sure you train them the right way though. Before I new how, I tried just slipping it over her head by my self. But I found out you need two people at first, one to hold the chicken and one to put the harness on. Good luck! :D

Glad I found someone else that walks their chicken!

I've never used that type of harness for mine but from what I can see it does look correct. I think if it wasn't on right, it wouldn't look like it's a comfortable fit (and your chicken would probably act up a bit).

I purchased the large parrot aviator harness for my Silkie due to it being more secure and 'escape' proof.

If I ever put it on wrong she tends to let me know by pecking it or not walking. Once it's correctly tightened she walks around great and doesn't know it's there.

She is free range but when she attends shows I have to keep her enclosed a few weeks before hand. The harness comes in great for letting her stretch her legs but not get dirty or picked on by the Cockerel before a show!

Plus she knows she gets spoilt with treats when she wears it...

I think harnesses are great for chickens if they accept it, despite the strange looks you get! :D

IMG_8904.JPG

Back
Top Bottom