Knitted egg holster to incubate chicks WITHOUT a 'bator...the brabator

crazy4daisy

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Central Missouri
Okay, as I was watching one of my hens lay an egg, I thought, "Hmmm, it would be cool if I could just hatch a couple of eggs without a 'bator OR without the hen doing it. Just me hatching them all by myself."
roll.png

Before you read this, please know that I know it sounds really funny
gig.gif
and I sound a little loopy
hu.gif
, but I promise I'm not.

Then, I was thinking about how I really wanted to get started on my latest knitting project, and it clicked. Wouldn't it be cool if I could knit a - (okay, I know it's hilarious
lol.png
) - little holster to hold one to four eggs, that I could tie around my self and maybe be able to fit in my bra or something (that's the warmest spot on my entire body) and try to hatch some eggs from it!?!?!?

I know that's it's probably impossible that I could even hatch one chick from it, considering the atmospheric conditions would have to be just right, and the stars would have to line up exactly into place for it to happen - but wouldn't it be cool?

I think I'm going to try it.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Any ideas to help me would be appreciated.

I am looking for ideas on -
How not to crush them at night if I happen to roll over.
And other things. I will put them here when I think of them.

Last edited:
I think there was some thing where a bunch of women were trying to hatch eggs in their bras for some reason. I don't think any hatched though as body T is a few degrees too low for proper chick incubation. Hen temp is about 102 deg.

Quote:
Lol, I do that too! Except it's just usually my cell phone and a knife
gig.gif
lau.gif

Wow, I didn't know people might have tried it before! Cool!

Last edited:
If you read the topic that I just posted, I think someone said that a lady did hatch some and named them that.

Wow! I thought I was a first-timer, but I guess I'm not!
Apparently some women tried to hatch some before and called them the brabators
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom