Labored breathing

Hmgmed

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2020
My chicken is breathing like she has an obstruction, but I can't tell if that's the case. We gave her some bread soaked in olive oil. It's been 40 minutes and nothing has changed. She is eating still. I tried attaching a video to this post. Not sure if it worked. Any ideas?

Can you see any thing? Any other symptoms? Is it hot there? I wouldn't give her anymore of those oil bread things.
I can't see anything. It is hot. Has been for weeks. I have her inside in an air conditioned room. Stood her cool water and she's been eating cold watermelon.
No other symptoms that I've noticed. Comb and waddles are still red.

Palpate (feel) down her throat all the way to what would be her collar bones. If she had an obstruction in her larynx (larger white tube adjacent to her esophagus) you'd know it and her body would/will manage it. for an obstruction/blockage. Birds will eat anything, perhaps a late June bug IDK. I find everything in their crops and gizzards. If she's carrying on normally, she'll likely be okay.

Palpate (feel) down her throat all the way to what would be her collar bones. If she had an obstruction in her larynx (larger white tube adjacent to her esophagus) you'd know it and her body would/will manage it. for an obstruction/blockage. Birds will eat anything, perhaps a late June bug IDK. I find everything in their crops and gizzards. If she's carrying on normally, she'll likely be okay.
I tried feeling for something but I can't tell if anything is there. I'm not exactly a chicken anatomy expert. I think we're coming up on 2 hours inside and only 1 strange watery poop and another tiny poop. Very unusual for any chicken.

Back
Top Bottom