Large Fowl Cochin Thread

"Stew"  :gig   That's a good one if he turns bad!

Very pretty.

Thank you. I am thinking he may be It, to go along with Fester, Lurch, and Thing. He is getting along with Stumpy for now, they are bedded down side by side. He's learned some pecking order and rules from the 18 month olds but the 5 month old Bantam is the task master most the time.

Have a hen I call Stew because I would like to use her as such! She stresses me to no end. Freaking bird is mental.

Hey guys I have a few pullets who are still young. Their legs have some fluff but not as much as I would like. The boys legs are covered in feathers. Will my girls get more as they grow or stay the same? These are my first cochins.
smile.png
thanks.

Here's my one and only cochin pullet, Molly, aged 18 weeks

are those enough feathers on the legs for you, Jenniferlamar70?
smile.png
And today she is 25 weeks old and has even more feathers. My daughter says it looks like she's wearing pajamas!

Last edited:
Here's my one and only cochin pullet, Molly, aged 18 weeks are those enough feathers on the legs for you, Jenniferlamar70? :) And today she is 25 weeks old and has even more feathers. My daughter says it looks like she's wearing pajamas!
Hi Elaine! My kids say they look like they are wearing pants.
Lol oh I hope mine get like that. I just love their feathered legs!! It really does look like they are wearing pants. Mine are about 8 weeks now but only the boys had tons of feathering. The girls just have a tiny bit so far..

Jamie Matt's is having an auction for a blue, black, or splash frizzle cockerel, and a smooth pullet of blue, black, or splash.
I could get them shipped at the same time as the other 2 I am getting but I'm wondering what you guys think I should do.. As long as the price of them doesn't go over $100, I'm ok with the price plus shipping. But I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until next year and see what I am able to hatch out of Gary, my blue frizzle, or get some chicks from Jamie..

This is a farewell to my Cochin flock. They went to their new home last week. They will be missed but I have more projects than I have room for at this time.
Farewell Frank & his gorgeous girls.....
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom