Larkwell Valley (2023)

Would they have liquid or dissolveable calcium at Walmart? Or would it be something I have to order online?
Possibly. You can search your local Walmart stock online to see what they have on the shelf.

I have never had to dose more than 2 birds at one time so always used the tablets. I think I saw a liquid version when shopping locally.

Possibly. You can search your local Walmart stock online to see what they have on the shelf.

I have never had to dose more than 2 birds at one time so always used the tablets. I think I saw a liquid version when shopping locally.
All the generic calcium tablets I purchased were crushable. Put them in a small zip lock bag and use the bottom of a drinking glass to crush or roll a rolling pin across them and add it to the wet mash.

For my large fowl chickens, I give 1 tablet per day until I see improvement in shells. Usually about 1 week.

What are the risks with buying duck eggs or ducklings? Typically I'd worry about Mareks, but that's with chickens, not ducks (plus I already have that issue anyways). What risks would I be taking bringing them into my flock?

What are the risks with buying duck eggs or ducklings? Typically I'd worry about Mareks, but that's with chickens, not ducks (plus I already have that issue anyways). What risks would I be taking bringing them into my flock?
So long as you follow proper quarantine, it should be fine. Says the one that rarely does and still has no issues with his ducks, lol!

How would I go about doing a quarantine with eggs?
That would just be a question of isolation and sanitation. I personally don't do this, but if you have more than one incubator you could keep them in different rooms. And (and this I do) just properly clean the incubator afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom