Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
EstrellaView attachment 3368451
Ambrose (super old flock master) and either Un or Deux (probably Deux)View attachment 3368452
Asian Black female (Big Boy's sis), Jezebell and a Naked Neck Mix
View attachment 3368453
Mr. Zoom Zoom's sister
View attachment 3368454
ButterballView attachment 3368455both Mr. Zoom Zoom's galsView attachment 3368456
Butterball causing troubleView attachment 3368457View attachment 3368458
The Spanish and Polly
View attachment 3368459
Butterball is a doll and the name is appropriate 😁I also like the little black one with the white ear lobes..too cute.

Butterball is a doll and the name is appropriate 😁I also like the little black one with the white ear lobes..too cute.
The black one is my ancient Spanish. She as well as the splash cochin and possibly the standard EE I own are the oldest birds here I know for sure, clocking in at 10 this spring. My main pheonix male, Westeros is likely close to that age as well. My orange leghorn mix, Estrella, and Ambrose are 9 this spring as well.

The black one is my ancient Spanish. She as well as the splash cochin and possibly the standard EE I own are the oldest birds here I know for sure, clocking in at 10 this spring. My main pheonix male, Westeros is likely close to that age as well. My orange leghorn mix, Estrella, and Ambrose are 9 this spring as well.
Wow you got some oldies..she looks like she has personality 😀

Wow you got some oldies..she looks like she has personality 😀
Yeah, they're from when hatcheries had good genetics. Nowadays I struggle getting my hatchery birds to 2. I have a few that will be getting to 3 and 4, but they're breeds that aren't common and thus not as messed with by the hatcheries yet

Yeah, they're from when hatcheries had good genetics. Nowadays I struggle getting my hatchery birds to 2. I have a few that will be getting to 3 and 4, but they're breeds that aren't common and thus not as messed with by the hatcheries yet
I have to agree..I have several breeds but I'm fond of leghorns and those girls do have fertility issues..hubby had to put my one leghorn down, she was 2 and a half and had a busted egg inside here...I did all I could. Then I had a another leghorn same age die. I know again it was probably fertility thing. And I give oyster shell and make sure they're fed right. I'd love to have some heritage leghorns of the non economy kind in different colors then white. And some heritage rhode islands ,there color looks so much richer then economy rhode island. I'd love to get into several new breeds.lol. You have such a fun flock.

I have to agree..I have several breeds but I'm fond of leghorns and those girls do have fertility issues..hubby had to put my one leghorn down, she was 2 and a half and had a busted egg inside here...I did all I could. Then I had a another leghorn same age die. I know again it was probably fertility thing. And I give oyster shell and make sure they're fed right. I'd love to have some heritage leghorns of the non economy kind in different colors then white. And some heritage rhode islands ,there color looks so much richer then economy rhode island. I'd love to get into several new breeds.lol. You have such a fun flock.
You would need to source your birds from breeders. Cause they are more attentive to there birds.

Are you crossing your Phoenix this year? Or working on other projects?
I am crossing my mottled Java with my recessive whites. Apparently their type of flrecessive should make really cool patterns with that mottled gene that theoretically should somehow breed true if I remember right.

I'll be breeding Golden Child and her mom (a buff laced sebright) to the regular flock to try and lock in the buff coloration and work on buff pheonixes.

The dun/khaki pen will be left alone for as far as I know

Back
Top Bottom