Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
I am crossing my mottled Java with my recessive whites. Apparently their type of flrecessive should make really cool patterns with that mottled gene that theoretically should somehow breed true if I remember right.

I'll be breeding Golden Child and her mom (a buff laced sebright) to the regular flock to try and lock in the buff coloration and work on buff pheonixes.

The dun/khaki pen will be left alone for as far as I know
Oh, also forgot potentially trying to add barring to a group.

You would need to source your birds from breeders. Cause they are more attentive to there birds.
Gonna play devils advocate here. None of my birds apart from the pehonixes are from actual breeders. Every bird I have apart from most of the pheonixes has either hatched from hatchery genetics, or came from a hatchery. Some I had to search and search and search for, but I eventually found a hatchery for them. Some of the new stock will come from breeders this year, but breeders are not the absolute only way to get nice birds without health issues.

Probably gonna put down the sexlink. Her face is just continuing to swell, with no sign of improvement. Been cleaning and treating the wound daily, but I see nothing at all improving and I worry soon it might actually cause her eyes to protrude. Shame, she was a very lovely bird, but she's obviously uncomfortable and I've been treating about a week now

Probably gonna put down the sexlink. Her face is just continuing to swell, with no sign of improvement. Been cleaning and treating the wound daily, but I see nothing at all improving and I worry soon it might actually cause her eyes to protrude. Shame, she was a very lovely bird, but she's obviously uncomfortable and I've been treating about a week now
I'm sorry..you did your best and your making the right choice not letting her hurt..❤️

Foot issues are rearing their heads again. Starting the new diet of grower and scratch with the birds tomorrow, hoping that helps a bit.

3 including the sexlink are being put down tomorrow. One has had health issues since a month old and the other broke her leg and it's started to die off

Wes must have got a lucky shot on my araucana male, he's limping now and is being watched and treated. Hoping I caught it in time that it doesn't get infected, because he has some small marks on his leg.

Throwback Thursday @Overo Mare

Bunny when she was a wee little pullet.
20220527_111551.jpg

Apparently I only ever took like 4 pictures of her. Had to go digging to find any from earlier than september/August

Working on a short that has all of her bouncing in it

Back
Top Bottom