Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Auntie got out and lost 2 of her chicks, a normie and a pseudo.

So I took the remaining pseudo and put it with the leghorns for now, because I need to see what these grow into. I'm thinking they're my Faeries, which used to pop up a lot in the early years, and what I think my Khaki male is.
20230626_110204.jpg

Gave Butterball a chick from French Paul's pen (so a phoenixXbantam barred cochin). Hopefully it's enough that she can stop brooding. Sydney still sleeps on her fake nest, but I think that's more because she has no where else to sleep besides on the ground

My wounded muscovy and the tiny muscovy are seperated and with Sydney and those chicks as well, since I worry about the muscovy being outside with only one eye and this young (he's less than 4 weeks old after all, despite being like 8 times the size)

Is the front one blue gold wheaten?
Probably not. The mother is a Calico Princess. I'm not sure what genetics the pair has other than that the barring is sexlinked to only sons and that the sons get massive. Haven't had aby luck getting pullets to live though yet (granted out of the 5 I've managed to hatch out of dozens of eggs, only 2 were female)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom