Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
From what I've read, you should be able to tell by weight. Just remember that nothing is 100% guaranteed.
Okay. They're 5.5 weeks old today, should I just wait until they're a solid 2 months before actively trying to guess? I'm very confident my barred is a male and that 2 chocolates are females, but the other 3 I keep switching back and forth on

20230707_112342.jpg

Purity is without a doubt in my mind, a hybrid Pekin. She's enormous, and is heavier than Big Boy, my heaviest rooster. Super wide too, I could barely hold her legs still for the photos.
20230707_110004.jpg
20230707_105919.jpg

I wanted to thank @Miss Lydia for helping me with her with the niacin issues. Her foot never has gone back to completely normal, but it did stop turning and straightened out a little bit so she can run and climb the hills without much struggle

Okay. They're 5.5 weeks old today, should I just wait until they're a solid 2 months before actively trying to guess? I'm very confident my barred is a male and that 2 chocolates are females, but the other 3 I keep switching back and forth on
At 5 and a half weeks, there should be a difference. Use the weight of the Barred and the Chocolates as guides.

Honestly, no method is completely failsafe. I've heard of females being mis-identified as males right up until they laid an egg!

Back
Top Bottom