Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Is she not alive or just sleeping? Also that spider is taking on more than he can handle.
She was sleeping. She's almost completely blind (probaly about 20% vision tops), so when it gets dark, she sits on the nearest perch-like object and just 'powers down. This was last night, when she was on a little wood block in the middle if the yard.

Wow I just got an alert to this thread out of the blue. It's been months.
"Powers down" is perfect. :lau
Every week I clean brooders. I start with the oldest chicks they get moved on to a grow out pen. I then clean that/those brooders and move the next oldest ones up then repeat, repeat, repeat. Ending up with the last brooder cleaned and waiting for the next hatch.
So with the whole process all the chicks have gotten a week older and move to new brooders. The boy says they "level up". I think that's a video game reference, right?

Wow I just got an alert to this thread out of the blue. It's been months.
"Powers down" is perfect. :lau
Every week I clean brooders. I start with the oldest chicks they get moved on to a grow out pen. I then clean that/those brooders and move the next oldest ones up then repeat, repeat, repeat. Ending up with the last brooder cleaned and waiting for the next hatch.
So with the whole process all the chicks have gotten a week older and move to new brooders. The boy says they "level up". I think that's a video game reference, right?
At least she's a creature of habit with her little quirk. She seems quite attached to the wood block, this was the 2nd night in a row on it. Thankfully Aragog the spider wasn't on the prowl tonight 😆. I'll have to design something for her to sleep on once everyone is penned. I'll still have to collect her most likely each night, but at least she ends up close to the minibarn for now

The inside pens are so close to being done. Just need to put latches on two more doors. Then I need to build all 6 outside pens and the doors to get to them. But I can at least move some of the smaller pens now.
20230905_163707.jpg

Also color indicates male on the front one, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom