Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Jacin
Had a muscovy running around with 9 ducklings when I went to do chores today. Didn't even know I had one setting. Tried to minimize them this year but those muscovy girls are determined.
Trying to cut way back and mostly just focus on lavenders and barred lavenders and a little bit with chocolates.
Looks like all 9 of the babies are lavender or barred or both. Bonus

Jacin
Had a muscovy running around with 9 ducklings when I went to do chores today. Didn't even know I had one setting. Tried to minimize them this year but those muscovy girls are determined.
Trying to cut way back and mostly just focus on lavenders and barred lavenders and a little bit with chocolates.
Looks like all 9 of the babies are lavender or barred or both. Bonus
I need to get eggs from you next year

That's why if any of my animals become aggressive, they are sent to freezer camp. It's a trait I do not want.
Same here. Especially Moose. I adore him, but he's, well, a moose. He's even bigger than big Boy, which I thought was impossible for a duck or chicken to do.
20230908_143949.jpg
20230908_143811.jpg
20230908_143952.jpg

Muscovy hens shredded part of my coat sleeve. They have started picking on the chickens and I don't want them clamping their bills on a head, so I penned them just now. I'll catch Moose tomorrow as he leaves the barn, the ducks panic when I move around them and between the sleeping chickens and my pekins, I didn't want anyone injured.

I want to trim his bad wing too (just to make it look a bit better and less snaggable/less heavy), so I might do that as well if I can get a good hold. Unfortunately I vastly underestimated their talons when I got them, so combined with their vs my size, it's difficult for me to handle them.

I haven't gotten pictures, since there isn't really a way to get good ones, but Wes and Ambrose are such good dads. I had a chick from the second youngest batch get stuck in their pen. I can't get him out during the day (and it never occurred to me until this second that I could just move him at night), and at night they take turns letting him sleep under them in their nest boxes so he stays warm.

I really wish that they could have stayed as flock masters longer.

Back
Top Bottom