Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Huh. I never noticed that. I'll have to grab Loony and look at her feet
Some people even put roosting bars in their pens for them but since mine have always been with my Mallard derived ducks they have never had the desire to roost. My Sons would fly up in his trees to sleep at night to be safe from predators when he had them years ago.

Some people even put roosting bars in their pens for them but since mine have always been with my Mallard derived ducks they have never had the desire to roost. My Sons would fly up in his trees to sleep at night to be safe from predators when he had them years ago.
I want to make a low shelf for them. My male has angel wing, so no flying for him, and Loony might not fly because she only has one eye

I want to make a low shelf for them. My male has angel wing, so no flying for him, and Loony might not fly because she only has one eye
My one girl was pinioned but I got the other one at 3 months and after molting she has all of her feathers. She has been showing me she can flap them very fast but has not tried to fly out of the part of the pen they are allowed in while I am doing duck duties in theirs. My Mule duck was pinioned but I had to clip her feathers on one wing as she was flying almost 6 feet high with her large wings. I have several that can fly, out of 15 of them just over half of them can fly. Some not very high because of their weight but a few could probably take off if they really wanted to. I have been putting off clipping as it is so hard on them as I have to catch them with a rubber net and they will actually fly into the fence to get away from me. I don't want any of them injured so I am trusting them to stay with their flock mates at this point in the game unless I see otherwise.

My one girl was pinioned but I got the other one at 3 months and after molting she has all of her feathers. She has been showing me she can flap them very fast but has not tried to fly out of the part of the pen they are allowed in while I am doing duck duties in theirs. My Mule duck was pinioned but I had to clip her feathers on one wing as she was flying almost 6 feet high with her large wings. I have several that can fly, out of 15 of them just over half of them can fly. Some not very high because of their weight but a few could probably take off if they really wanted to. I have been putting off clipping as it is so hard on them as I have to catch them with a rubber net and they will actually fly into the fence to get away from me. I don't want any of them injured so I am trusting them to stay with their flock mates at this point in the game unless I see otherwise.
3 Of My girls are clipped, but the other 2 (Moose and I think A$$hole) never got clipped. Part of the reason my girls were permed ao early because two were actively flying and I didn't want them to fly away or accidentally get lost if they went too far

3 Of My girls are clipped, but the other 2 (Moose and I think A$$hole) never got clipped. Part of the reason my girls were permed ao early because two were actively flying and I didn't want them to fly away or accidentally get lost if they went too far
Yes mine got pinioned because our neighbor had Pitt Bulls and if they flew over the fence they would get eaten by them. The ones that are not clipped so far have been good about staying with me. I keep a close eye on them while I am in their pen working though. I have heard of people having them for years and them taking off still.

Back
Top Bottom